Captain Waiters | Bahrain – Manama | Upmarket Parisian Brasserie
We are looking for experienced CAPTAIN WAITERS to join the team of a very popular, French style brasserie located in Manama, Bahrain.
This brasserie brand is a part of rapidly expanding, upmarket hospitality group with various restaurant brands in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
The main duty of Captain Waiters is to plan service sequence. Provide leadership and guidance to staff members to deliver a great dining experience for our guests by maintaining consistently high standards, modelling a passion for service, and attending to the details.
Specific Job Responsibilities are, but not limited to, the following:
- Arrive to work on time and ready to work, neat and well groomed, according to the company’s dress and appearance standards.
- Assist the Asst. Restaurant Manager in the day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
- Assign duties to the crew and help them in the service related misc-en-place.
- During service acknowledge guests and take their food and beverage orders.
- Build up guest rapport. Acknowledge guest likes, dislikes and inform the staff with this information.
- Monitor staff usage of condiments and supplies to be cost effective.
- Constantly monitor guest turnover in the restaurant and report any identified customer needs to the Restaurant Manager. This would include all aspects of guest satisfaction via menu, ambience, and service.
- Clearly communicate priorities concerning restaurant to the restaurant manager.
- Regularly check staff for menu knowledge.
- Perform internal monthly inventory for service-related equipment.
- Hold self and subordinate staff accountable for attitude, behavior, results, and company’s standards/systems (such as staff appearance, service steps).
- Learn, train and uphold food, beverage and service standards and systems
- Work well with and communicate with people of different backgrounds, experience levels and personalities.
- Know restaurant menu completely and can assist staff to describe taste, preparation, ingredients and prices of all food and beverage items.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that creates a positive working environment and remain calm during stressful and emotional situations.
Experience and Skills required:
- Hospitality Qualification will be a great advantage
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Waiter / Head Waiter
- Good communication in English
- Good listener
- Organized personality and able to work unsupervised
- Good time management skills
Start: ASAP, subject to visa process
- Basic salary is negotiable, based on experience and skills
- Additional benefits will be discussed during the interviews
To apply for Captain Waiters | Bahrain – Manama | Parisian Brasserie, please send your CV in WORD document with full length photo and contactable references.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specializing exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job!