Financial Accountant | Bryanston | Lodge Management Company
We are looking for an experienced FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT to join this well-known lodge and travel operator in Bryanston. You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position – ideally from hospitality or tourism industry.
MAIN DUTIES of FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial controls over all aspects of the unit’s business.
- Together with Finance Managers, Operations Managers and General Managers, assist in compilation of budgets, development of programmes, schedules and objectives which will enable the efficient and most profitable running of the hotels.
- Understand and interpret the financial accounts on a monthly basis of each property and to report back to the Group Chief Executive Officer on any anomalies.
- Be responsible for the year-end audit of the properties.
- Prepare monthly financial packs and present this to the Finance Manager.
- Prepare the weekly financial reports and present this to the Financial Manager.
- Compile variance report on all overspends on budgets.
- Compile monthly financial report and highlight variances, discrepancies and/or changes in policy or strategy.
- Ensure that all financial manuals and checklists are adhered to.
- Write additional policies and procedures, as required, for the approval of the Chief Executive Officer prior to implementation.
- Ensure all unit admin staff know what results are expected of them.
- Improve the skills level of all accounting staff.
- Promote job satisfaction.
- Oversee training and development within the unit’s accounting departments.
- Personnel Function:
- Maintenance of Personnel Files, Contracts, Leave Schedules, Medical Aid, Provident Fund, etc.
- Procedures Updates
- Compliance to any relevant statutory requirements
- Conduct audits of all documentation in employee files
- As the Financial Accountant, your previous experience includes, but is not limited to supervising a finance team, where as a self-driven individual you require very little financial supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially with Good to Advanced Excel Skills
- Proficient in ACCPAC & Pastel
- Proficient in VIP Payroll
- Good working knowledge / understanding of Hospitality PMS system –OPERA would be a plus
- Candidate should be able to work unsupervised, have strong work ethic & have a finer attention to details.
- Position is live out as based at HO in Bryanston.
- MUST be able to travel to property when required. Company will cover travel expenses.
- Salary: negotiable within reason, includes costs of medical aid & provident fund.
- Valid RSA ID is required.
- Proven track record & experience is a MUST – anyone with no finance hospitality background will be immediately disregarded.
- Candidate MUST have been the senior finance compiling the actual management accounts pack itself.
- Office hours are 08h30 to 17h00 Monday to Friday – not negotiable.
To apply for Financial Accountant | Bryanston | Lodge Group, please send your CV in WORD document, recent photo and contactable references.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specialising exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs, lodge and teachers placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job! http://www.recruitforafrica.com