General Manager | Marakele Game Reserve | 5 star Property
We are currently looking for an experienced GENERAL MANAGER to join the team of a beautiful, 5 star property, located in Marakele Game Reserve.
The main responsibility of General Manager is to assume responsibility for the daily operations of the Lodge, ensuring fiscal discipline, five-star guest experience and effective management of the team.
Key Focus Areas for General Manager:
- Maintain and ensure the good will of the Lodge brand at property level;
- To ensure the developed set of the Lodge standards are upheld and maintained;
- To ensure management personnel of the Lodge is up to the highest standards
- To ensure the management structure of the Lodge is streamlined and effective and in line with hospitality trends;
- Attend monthly team meetings
Development and Staff Management
- To earmark and develop individuals who show potential to grow into positions
- To implement training plans
- Provide effective leadership through professional man-management and encouragement of all subordinates, including mediation
Communication and Systems
- To maintain the use of existing systems in line with the Group standards
- To ensure both verbally and through effective communication platforms that the front-line staff communicate accurately and articulately with all guests.
Human Resource and Community
- To ensure HR policies and procedures and disciplinary code are upheld
- To ensure all statutory requirements in the “Basic Conditions of Employment Act” are maintained by the lodge
Financial and Compliance
- To compile all operational expenditure budgets during the annual budget setting process for presentation to the Group General Manager of Operations
- To ensure compliance with set operational variable costs
- To attend monthly meeting with Group’s Financial Manager
- To ensure correct operating licenses are in place and current
General Manager Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Grade 12 (essential)
- Degree/Diploma in Management/Finance/Tourism (advantageous)
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior Lodge Management positions
- MS Office Suite
- Proven track record of having made targets
- Valid code 08 driver’s license & own reliable transport
Salary: Market Related, depending on skills and experience.
Desired start date for General Manager: ASAP
To apply for General Manager | Marakele Game Reserve | 5 star Property, please send your CV in WORD document, with recent photo and contactable references.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specialising exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job! http://www.recruitforafrica.com