Hostess | Bahrain – Manama | Upmarket Parisian Brasserie
We are looking for HOSTESS to join the team of a very popular, French style brasserie located in Manama, Bahrain.
This brasserie brand is a part of rapidly expanding, upmarket hospitality group with various restaurant brands in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.
Job Summary of Hostess:
- This role entails working closely with the most important part of our business: the Guests – Giving them fantastic customer care and making them feel good by way of projecting an efficient, friendly nature.
- It is essential that incumbents are courteous, well groomed, reliable, honest, and hardworking and possesses complete product knowledge.
- The incumbent is the first person that guests meet upon entering the restaurant. You must greet all guests politely and provide outstanding guest service to ensure guest satisfaction and loyalty.
- Assists the team in providing a brand we can be truly proud of.
Specific Job Responsibilities are, but not limited to, the following:
- Performs all duties in accordance with the Business Unit’s Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Assists the RM and ARM in maintaining the standards of cleanliness or problems in the surroundings, (e.g. floor cleanliness, messy tables/service stations. Reports any problems to Managers. Ensures any issues are resolved.
- Assists the Managers in efficiently managing the restaurant in accordance with the Business Unit’s Standard Operating Policies and Procedures with the objective of achieving maximum guest satisfaction.
- Adheres to Duty Rota, reporting to work on time and properly attired – well groomed, according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures the proper set-up, and cleanliness of the Front Display Counter, sidewalk, and entrance.
- Answers telephone calls speedily, in a polite and professional manner. Assisting the caller to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Welcomes guests in a warm and friendly manger and escorts them to their tables. Allows guests to change tables, where possible, and re-seats them. Gives menus to guests.
- Coordinates with the serving staff when assigning tables to guests.
- During busy periods, maintain a Guest Waiting List and assign tables as quickly as possible.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager in implementing special promotions and events.
- Continuously assists the operations by helping the Service/Waiting staff as required
- Compiles and reports any guest complaints and, with the help of the Captain/Supervisor, ensure all issues are resolved to the guests’ satisfaction.
- Listens to our customers, it’s the first step to providing a great experience and we love how passionate our customers are about our brand.
- Provides a great experience for our guests by providing exemplary guest service.
- Possesses excellent product knowledge to answer our guests’ enquiries and to resolve any issues.
- Supervises table reservations and effectively controls the flow of guests in the restaurant to ensure maximum turnover and profitability.
- Maintains a high standard of personal grooming and demeanor (body language, facial expressions).
- Ensures complete understanding of the operations and Brand philosophy for restaurant and conveys same to guests.
- Notifies Managers of any special guests’ requests.
- Full awareness of the Company’s Fire Safety Procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
- Ability to switch roles quickly, by serving guests respectfully, swiftly and effectively and moving to complete other tasks.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the restaurant Manager.
Experience and Skills required:
- Good general education
- Hotel or Catering qualifications will be an advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar position
- Food and service knowledge – service sequence
- Excellent communication in English
- Self-motivated and detail orientated
- Organized personality and able to work unsupervised
- Good time management skills
Start: ASAP, subject to visa process
- Basic salary is negotiable, based on experience and skills
- Additional benefits will be discussed during the interviews
To apply for Hostess | Bahrain – Manama | Parisian Brasserie, please send your CV in WORD document with full length photo and contactable references.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specializing exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job!